We’re always looking for whip-smart interns to help us handle the nuts and bolts of our research projects. Work out of our Beijing office, or any location worldwide. Interns should have reasonable Mandarin proficiency (reading and writing) and be willing to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week.
What you might be doing:
- Daily news gathering/summarizing (in Chinese or English)
- Monitoring of government websites for new policy releases, press conferences, and relevant speeches by Chinese officials (in Chinese)
- Summarizing key points of the relevant documents above (from Chinese into English)
- Administrative tasks
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Are current students seeking a graduate degree in economics, politics, international relations, public affairs, tech, or a related field
- Are majorly enthusiastic about China research
- Have professional proficiency in Chinese and English
- Have knowledge of China’s major economic and/or political dynamics and drivers
- Are fabulous writers
- Can be available for at least 20 hours per week, for at least 12 weeks (and preferably longer)
Trivium does not have a pre-determined calendar, and internships can begin at any time. Please submit applications at least two weeks before you’re hoping to begin an internship.
What you get:
- Work directly with Trivium’s principals on cutting-edge research for multinational companies and asset managers
- Significant exposure to Trivium’s unique process for research and analysis
- An understanding of the key questions shaping the business and investment environments in China
- A small stipend
- Access to Trivium’s wide network of China contacts
- Free-flow coffee, tea, and craft beer in our Beijing office
How to apply:
Submit your application form and CV via the form on this page. If you don’t hear back from us in 2 weeks, please drop us a follow-up email at firstname.lastname@example.org.